Experienced Honoka’a Bankruptcy Attorney
At the law office of Barbara L. Franklin, Esq., I help people and businesses throughout the Big Island of Hawai’i find debt relief by filing for bankruptcy with technology that enables us to work efficiently and effectively with the Bankruptcy court using electronic data bases and electronic filing programs.
Contact my office to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your debt relief options. At our initial meetings, I will analyze your finances and suggest a number of debt relief options. I represent people and businesses in all aspects of the bankruptcy and debt relief process, including:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: In this common form of bankruptcy, an individual who files, commits to liquidate their non-exempt assets and in return can rid themselves of most debt. I help my clients determine if their homes and other important assets would be exempt from liquidation in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: This form of bankruptcy is designed mainly for businesses and individuals with investments; the debt is reorganized, which may include liquidation of assets. I help individuals and businesses determine whether a Chapter 11 bankruptcy is right for them and represent them throughout the petition and plan confirmation process.
- Chapter 12 bankruptcy: This Chapter is designed for farmers, farm corporations, and family fishermen struggling with debt. I help my clients determine if they qualify for a Chapter 12 bankruptcy and represent them throughout the petition and plan confirmation process to completion.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: For individuals with a regular income but with unsustainable levels of debt, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be a good way to bring debt payments to more manageable levels. Because it is a restructuring of debt and not a liquidation of assets, filers can keep their homes and all other assets. Obtaining confirmation and monitoring the performance of the plan assures success.
- Other debt relief options: There are other options besides bankruptcy to find debt relief. If bankruptcy is not right for my clients, I advise them with a full range of other debt relief options.
- Creditor representation: I also aggressively represent creditors in bankruptcy cases, ensuring that their interests are protected throughout the process.
To discuss your debt relief options with an experienced lawyer, and receive a bankruptcy packet either via USPS or email, call 808-775-0530 or contact me online. Contact Barbara L. Franklin Today